Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours. More than 1 million men and women annually have choose this popular facial rejuvenation treatment, which can be a cost-effective way to look younger without surgery or downtime.
Dermal filler injections are non-surgical and typically completed during an office visit. Your initial treatment will begin with a consultation, during which you will meet with Alanna Batilla, RN to discuss your concerns and goals.
Dermal fillers are commonly used to treat the following areas:
- Smooth out lines around nose and mouth (a.k.a. marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses)
- Enhance & restore volume to sunken cheeks or temples
- Diminish vertical lip lines
- Plump & enhance the lips
- Smooth out a chin crease
- Improve symmetry among facial features
- Restore Under eye tear troughs
- Fill in Deep glabellar‘11’ lines
- Create Nose symmetry
- Correct Jowls
- Fill in Acne scars
How it works:
Dermal fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are made up of Hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body and has many benefits.
Hyaluronic acid naturally maintains hydration and volume in your skin, which is lost as people age. However, when injected, Juvéderm bonds with the water in the skin and increases its volume 1000 times. This helps to expand the skin and push out the wrinkles. As a lip enhancer, Juvéderm helps to create full and beautiful lips. An added benefit is its ability to stimulate collagen production to create more elastic, younger looking skin.
Using a thin needle, Juvéderm is injected into the subdermal layer of skin where wrinkles appear. The amount used depends on the severity of the wrinkles in the area. A local anesthetic is used to ensure patient comfort. The results of Juvéderm are almost immediate and there is no downtime.
There is little to no risk of an allergic reaction. Side effects are rare and any redness or tenderness is limited to the injection sites and will usually subside in a few days.
Benefits of Fillers
There are a variety of reasons to select fillers as your first line of defense against the aging process:
- Quick, comfortable treatment
- No recovery time needed
- Instant results that last many months
- Work within the dermal structure for a natural look
- Proven safety and efficacy over many years of use
- Works on all skin types and tones
- Low risk of side effects associated with the procedure
- Different formulas allow for treatment customization
- Treat multiple areas in a single session
The Microcannula technique has revolutionized the cosmetic industry and provided doctors with a new, innovative method of performing facial fillers injections. Incorporating the microcannula allows Alanna Batilla, RN to slide the blunt tip cannula under the patient’s skin gently and without tearing the epidermis. Therefore, patients looking to improve their appearance can now do so without having to undergo a painful procedure and/or having to experience the nasty side effects associated with sharp tipped needles.
The Advantages of the Microcannula Technique
The blunt tip along with the flexibility of the Microcannula technique provides several advantages over traditional sharp needles:
- Because it is flexible it means that the device is also more maneuverable
- A higher maneuverability allows the cosmetic surgeon to perform the procedure quickly and painlessly
- The risk of damaging small blood vessels is practically inexistent
- Less damage to the tissue can be translated into less bruising
- The downtime associated with the dermal filler injections has been reduced because cannulas allows Alanna Batilla, RN to make only one small insertion point
- The microcannulas are designed to stimulate the production of new collagen
- They provide a wide coverage and hence, an even and uniform distribution of the dermal filler beneath the skin
There are very few and very rare side effects a
Ask if you are a candidate for Alanna Batilla, RN cannula technique.
Types of dermal fillers:
*Prices are subject to change.
REVANESSE VERSA PLUS
Restylane is a range of hyaluronic acid fillers produced by Galderma that continues to expand to meet the needs of each patient. Products include:
This original formulation in the Restylane line is a versatile treatment that can be used to smooth away facial creases around the nose and mouth or add volume to lips. The product is frequently used to treat nasolabial folds, marionette lines and chin wrinkles.
This silky-smooth formula is the perfect choice to add natural, subtle volume to the lips. It will also reduce the appearance of perioral lines, fine vertical lines that feather out from the upper lip. They are also called smokers or lipstick lines by some and can develop from repeated pursing or puckering of the lips.
Hollowing in the midface and loss of definition in the cheekbones are no match for Restylane Lyft. This volumizing formulation is specially designed for these larger treatment areas, producing smooth, even fullness in the regions that tend to experience contour deficiency over time. The product can also be used to restore youthful fullness to the backs of the hands, making veins less prominent.
Worried that the results of dermal fillers might change your facial expressions too much? Restylane Refyne was created to address those worries. Crafted of innovative XpreHAn technology, this filler effectively softens nasolabial folds to create a more youthful appearance and natural facial movement.
Restylane Defyne is similar to Refyne but works on even more severe signs of aging. This product is typically recommended for deep laugh and marionette lines, with the ability to bring dramatic improvement without compromising natural facial movement.